FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I get to Thailand?
Miracles Asia can assist in arranging your flights to Phuket. There are many direct/connecting through Bangkok flights to Phuket from Australia, UK, USA & Europe.
Can I see my loved one off?
You can accompany your loved one to our residential facility. We can arrange for nearby accommodation nestled in tropical seclusion, with exemplary sporting and spa facilities.
What kind of visa do I need?
All Westerners receive an automatic, free one-month tourist visa on arrival at the airport in Thailand. When the month has expired Miracles Asia will arrange for a further one-month extension at the local immigration office. If you wish to extend further than 60 days Miracles Asia will easily facilitate this for you.
Where is Miracles Asia located in Thailand?
Miracles Asia is the only rehabilitation facility on the beautiful, tropical island of Phuket in Southern Thailand.
What is the weather like?
The beautiful weather in Thailand is generally humid and warm, and on Phuket the sunshine mingles with lovely sea breezes. There is a distinct rainy season, in which the tropical rains offer a refreshing respite.
What is the currency of Thailand?
Thai currency is Thai baht and you can check www.xe.com for the most up to date daily exchange rates for your origin currency. There are ATMs and international banks in abundance on the island so it is very easy to gain access to any funds at home if needed.
How much money should I bring?
You will not need much spending money, a few dollars per week for personal effects, cigarettes and maybe shopping on a local market. If you are sending a loved one, daughter or son then we will keep the spending money locked in the safe and give it out as needed.
What should I bring?
- Flip flops/sandals
- Trainers/Exercise Shoes
- Gym / sportswear
- Light, comfortable clothing and casual wear
- Sunglasses & sun cream
- Small backpack for day trips
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo & conditioner are supplied)
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Mobile phone and/or laptop computer with charger and multi-purpose adaptor
- Cash (pocket money) and credit/bank cards.
- Contact information of healthcare providers and loved ones
- Travel insurance documents
Please note that in Thailand you can buy clothes, toiletries and many other items you may have overlooked or forgotten very easily and our facility is located within convenient driving distance of shopping areas. Miracles Asia will also have a small on-site shop selling various miscellaneous necessities.
What can’t I bring?
- Alcohol or illegal drugs (Please be aware that Thailand has very severe penalties for drug possession/transportation).
- Unapproved prescription medications
- Products containing alcohol like mouthwash and aftershave
- Weapons of any description
- Xbox type games or playing cards
- Clothing that promotes alcohol, drugs, violence or any ism’s, for example, racism.
What is included in the cost?
Your Treatment Program includes:
- Daily Group Sessions
- One to One key working
- Meditation Group Sessions
- Meditation Sessions
- 3 visits per week to our fully equipped, world class sports resort (Thanyapura)
- On-site Massage
- Private Excursions
- After Care Planning
Also included in your Treatment Program:
- All airport transfers (in Thailand)
- Extensive medical check-up at Thanyapura internationally recognised clinic
- All individually planned (by a nutritionist) and chef prepared meals
- Full daily housekeeping, turn down and laundry service
- Luxury 5- star accommodation
- Full use of resort facilities, for example, a 25m pool
- Tea, coffee, juice, tea, etc.
What is Not included in the cost?
- International Airfare or transportation to Phuket
- Cigarettes, souvenirs and international phone calls
- Non-treatment related medications (i.e., anti-depressants, asthma inhalers, etc.) – If required. We recommended that you bring enough supply with you for your stay (with accompanying prescriptions). We can of course advise each client individually on this matter.
Can I have visitors?
After consulting with your key worker and counsellor we can assist in arranging for visits of family and close friends. We would suggest you don’t have visitors for the first two weeks of treatment.
Can I smoke at Miracles Asia?
You may smoke during breaks in the designated area only. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms.
Are telephones / the Internet available?
The Internet can be used but must be requested in advance. Phone calls can be made daily for one hour on your own mobile phone and the hour assigned is flexible taking into consideration the international time zones for family and close friends.
Can I bring books?
Yes, please bring whatever reading material you enjoy.
Can clients leave the treatment facility premises?
Yes, when escorted by a Miracles Asia team member and in line with the structured timetable.
Are special dietary needs catered for?
All dietary needs will be catered for by our nutritionist and Executive Chef.
What about confidentiality?
We work with executive clients so we understand privacy and confidentiality is paramount and we will ensure your anonymity completely. We follow UK, USA and Australia protocols of duty of care.
How does payment work?
A 40% non-refundable deposit is required to guarantee your reservation. The deposit payment can be easily made by PayPal, TT bank transfer or wire transfer, such as Western Union.. Please note that you do not need a PayPal account to pay with PayPal and we will not receive your credit card information. All fees are net so any additional bank or processing charges for payment transactions are to be paid by the client.
7% VAT Thai government tax is included in your fees but a 3% credit card charge is applicable for any fees paid by credit card within Thailand.