DRUG REHAB THAILAND
Treatment of drug addiction
The Miracles Asia drug addiction treatment program is targeted for chemical addiction clients whose primary substance was something other than alcohol. Drug addiction is normally classified as either recreational or prescription in its nature.
Recreational drugs commonly abused and treated at Miracles Asia include:
- Marijuana / Cannabis
- Inhalants / solvents
- Drugs normally used medically but abuse recreationally (opiates, stimulants, sedatives)
Prescription drug abuse that we often see and treat include:
- Opioids used to treat pain, for example medications containing oxycodone — such as Oxycontin and Percocet — and those containing hydrocodone — such as Norco.
- Anti-anxiety medications and sedatives, such as alprazolam (Xanax) and diazepam (Valium), and hypnotics, such as zolpidem (Ambien), used to treat anxiety and sleep disorders.
- Stimulants, such as methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, others), dextroamphetamine and amphetamine (Adderall XR, Mydayis), and dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine), used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and certain sleep disorders.
At Miracles Asia we rarely differentiate treatment clients by substance used because once a person has physically withdrawn from their drug of choice, the psychological, emotional and spiritual damage that remains are very similar and create a shared experience for clients, despite what drugs they were taking.
Some common consequences of drug addiction often seen include:
- Damage to physical health (cardiac, respiratory, immune, liver, dental, and skin)
- Financial harm; either in cost to procure the drugs, loss of job, or other
- Lack of work or professional productivity
- A continually shrinking social world; less friends, fewer hobbies, less activities
- Cognitive impairment; decreased memory, lack of concentration, easily irritated, low motivation, poor decision making
- Decay of relationships with family or friends
- Damage to reputation, confidence, and self-image
- Criminal and legal offences
Drug addiction treatment at Miracles Asia consists of four main components:
- Medical detox at our partner international hospital upon need
- Assessment for both addiction related issues as well as secondary diagnoses or other underlying issues that may amplify the addiction.
- Core program: The client will learn to deconstruct their addiction, understand motivations and identify dysfunctional behaviour patterns, develop new and functional coping mechanisms, and prepare to move on to a healthy and productive life.
- Discharge preparation/Aftercare planning: Guests will spend their last week of rehab preparing for their transition home. This includes procuring support resources, enrolling in follow-up services, and a structured and practical action plan.
For more information on our drug addiction treatment methods, please read more here.