Miracles Asia Botique Programme (Main Programme).
Miracles Asia’s “Core” program is a client focused, comprehensive and holistic treatment model designed by addiction professionals who are in recovery from addiction, and have been clients at addiction rehabs themselves. We feel those who have had to learn something themselves are in the best position to teach others.
Our treatment model is designed to maximize each client’s experience by balancing clinical, holistic, recreational and personal time. Clients follow a structured schedule from 8.00 to 20.00 most days, but it is constructed in a way that does not make one feel rushed or overwhelmed. Our intimate, home like environment means that most activities are no more than 20 meters away.
Miracles Asia’s clinical philosophy is that we treat addiction; a compulsive and obsessive pattern of behaviors that manifest in the use of external comportments (alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, relationships, etc.) to change internal emotions and feelings. While every client is unique and has specific and personal challenges and goals, an addict suffering from a dependence on chemicals, behaviors or people, have more similarities than differences.
Most rehabs operate on the assumption that loyalty to a specific clinical paradigm, such as 12-step, CBT, harm reduction, or social learning, is the best and most effective approach to treating addiction. While we respect rehabs sincerity in their service delivery, Miracles Asia strives to be a truly eclectic alternative to the “one size fits all” models. There is obviously no one absolute addiction treatment model that works best; if there were, there would be no alternatives on the market. Because of this we offer a solid, comprehensive foundation of recovery in which each client is exposed to and educated about multiple techniques and philosophies of addiction recovery. While every client experiences the Miracles Asia foundation program, they also have the opportunity to choose and explore various recovery skills and theories that may be more compatible to them than others.
Because addiction causes significant harm in multiple aspects of our client’s lives; physical, emotional, social and spiritual, we feel an effective recovery program must also strive to heal these same components.
The Miracles Asia Boutique program consists of five potential components.
- Medical stabilization. All clients admitted to Miracles Asia receive a comprehensive medical assessment within 24 hours of admission. Clients who have peripheral medical conditions or require prescriptions renewed can receive services at this time. For those who may require medical assistance to withdraw safely from substances, an immediate medical examination is provided so that the level of detox services can be assessed and provided.
- Assessment: Every Miracles Asia client undergoes an intensive personal assessment. Addiction history, psycho-social issues, mental health symptoms, personal stressors, and family needs are examined and integrated into a custom and specific treatment plan designed to achieve specific goals.
- Core treatment program: The Miracles Asia program core program is normally 4-6 weeks for maximum benefit. It consists of 3-4 individual counseling sessions per week and up to 12 group counseling and therapeutic activity sessions each week. Specific holistic services such as yoga, meditation, recreational and fitness activities are chosen to complement and enhance the clinical components. The core treatment component guides the client through identifying their addiction, understanding the underlying mechanics, develop strategies to overcome their disorder and real life application of recovery skills.
- Family Coordination Component: For clients who have loved ones who are able to actively participate in the treatment process, Miracles Asia offers a three day component (at no additional cost) where family members and concerned others are educated about addiction, learn boundaries and support, and have the opportunity to voice their own concerns. On the last 1½ days, the client and family address issues of harm and fear and formulate a plan to put past behaviors behind and move forward together.
- Aftercare Planning: In last week of treatment the client focuses on preparation to return home or on to the next stage of their recovery service. Topics addressed include avoiding relapse triggers, goal planning, accessing recovery services at home, scheduling of time and activities and facing tasks and responsibilities at home. Each client is provided with a custom and applicable plan, that if followed, greatly increases their probability of recovery.