ALCOHOL REHAB THAILAND
Treatment for alcohol addiction
Miracles Asia Rehab Thailand provides treatment for alcoholism and alcohol abuse including co-occurring disorders. Addiction to alcohol, or alcoholism, is said to exist when two or more of the following conditions are present:
- a person drinks large amounts over a long time period
- has difficulty cutting down
- acquiring and drinking alcohol takes up a great deal of time
- alcohol is strongly desired
- Drinking results in not fulfilling responsibilities
- Drinking results in social problems
- Drinking results in health problems
- Drinking results in risky situations
Environmental factors and genetics are two components associated with alcoholism, with about half the risk ascribed to each. Someone with a parent or sibling with alcoholism is three to four times more likely to become an alcoholic themselves. Environmental factors include social, cultural and behavioural influences. High-stress levels and anxiety, as well as alcohol’s inexpensive cost and easy accessibility, increase the risk of addiction.
Warning signs of alcoholism include:
- Consumption of increasing amounts of alcohol and frequent intoxication
- Preoccupation with drinking to the exclusion of other activities
- Promises to quit drinking and failure to keep those promises
- Inability to remember what was said or done while drinking (colloquially known as “blackouts”)
- Personality changes associated with drinking
- Denial or the making of excuses for drinking
- Refusal to admit excessive drinking, dysfunction or other problems at work or school
- Loss of interest in personal appearance or hygiene, marital and economic problems
- Poor health, with loss of appetite, respiratory infections, or increased anxiety.
Long-term misuse of alcohol
Alcoholism is characterised by an increased tolerance to alcohol – which means that an individual can consume more alcohol – and physical dependence on alcohol, which makes it hard for an individual to control their consumption. The physical dependency caused by alcohol can lead to an affected individual having a very strong urge to drink alcohol.
These characteristics play a role in decreasing an alcoholic’s ability to stop drinking. People addicted to alcohol may continue to drink partially to prevent or cover symptoms of withdrawal. After a person stops drinking alcohol, they may experience a low level of withdrawal lasting sometimes for months.
Alcoholism can have adverse effects on mental health, causing psychiatric disorders and increasing the risk of suicide. A depressed mood is a common symptom of heavy alcohol drinkers.
What Happens at Miracles Asia Inpatient Addiction Rehab?
Residential alcohol addiction treatment emphases on stabilisation and evaluation of your health to confirm you are ready, physically, psychologically and emotionally–to learn about core recovery concepts and to begin practising recovery principles. Each day at Miracles, you will be given a schedule of treatment activities, appointments and services tailor-made to meet your specific recovery needs and goals.
Our Signature Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program includes:
- Comprehensive health assessments
- Daily group therapy- proven to be most effective for addiction recovery
- Individual therapy sessions 5x weekly (five times more offered than at other programs)
- Integrative wellness and fitness activities
- Aftercare planning
- Family Works family program
Our drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs are based on science, evidence, and our personal experience of what works best in helping people get sober and stay sober. Our approach is person-centred and integrates Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Twelve-step Therapy, and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy.
For a detailed outline of our treatment program and client schedule, please visit here.